Do you like Bailey's Irish Cream? Well this is a version that folks in Chile drink and I veganized it and gave it some twist with delicious spices. (I did not know if you knew I am HALF Chilean. :-) ) I have taken this to evening parties as a night cap or to go with desserts. YUM!
Who does not like coffee and alcohol?
Please consider voting for my recipe, Cola de Mono (Spiked Coffee Cocktail) in this week's So Delicious® Dairy Free SO Much to Love Giveaway!
You'll be entered to win daily prizes, and if my recipe gets the most votes, YOU'LL be entered to win a great weekly prize. Thanks for voting, if you do! :-)
Cola de Mono (Spiked Coffee Cocktail)
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups So Delicious® Dairy Free Vanilla or Original Coconut Milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp orange rind, dried or 2 Tbsp freshly grated orange rind
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup espresso
- In a large pot, add the water, coconut milk, and the rest of the ingredients (except for the espresso) and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add the espresso and stir mixture.
- Cool completely at room temperature and then place in a clean bottle, seal tightly.
- Drink will be ready the next day.
- In a sealed container, the cocktail will last a month in the fridge.