- To be even more inspired on my meal planning.
- To not over spend.
- To prevent buying duplicate food items.
- To have a shopping list when items run out.
- To prevent food wastage or spoiling.
In my list of near-perishing foods I found 2 persimmons, 6 Gala apples, 1 head of broccoli, and beets. Even though this post does not feature all the foods, I was inspired by making a breakfast item this morning using the persimmons. I recently started eating these fruits and when ripe, they almost have the same consistency of mangos. It is truly a tasty fruit and full of Vitamin C.
The muffins turned out beautifully! I meant to use spelt flour instead of whole wheat but I forgot. Even so, these babies came out super delicious and accompanied great with some herbal coffee.
Tropical Persimmon Muffins
Keywords: bake breakfast bread brunch vegan recipes on recipage vegan persimmon
Ingredients (12 muffins)
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking SODA
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped salted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup Persimmon pulp (2 pieces of fruit)
- 1/2 cup Xagave syrup
- 3 Tbsp Tropical Traditions coconut oil
- 1 tsp lime extract
- raw sugar for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin cups with liners.
Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix. Pour mix into each muffin liner. Sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake for 25 minutes and cool for 10 minutes.
In another bowl, add persimmon pulp, agave syrup, oil, and lime extract. Blend the items with an immersion blender.
Powered by Recipag